PhD title: Predicting the ecological effects of heavy metals in marine sediments.
My research explores the link between metal contamination in marine sediments, bioavailability to aquatic biota, and the resulting adverse ecological effects. It would involve a combination of long-term and short-term laboratory and field studies. Field studies shall be carried out at the Fal and Hayle estuaries in the South-West of England.
- Born in Lagos Island, Nigeria
- BSc Animal and Environmental Biology, Abia State University, Uturu. (Sep. 2007 – Sep. 2011)
BSc thesis title: Diesel oil: its effects on soil qualities and acute toxicity on yeast cells (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Science Teacher, Methodist High School, Ekiti. (Aug. 2012 – Jun. 2013)
- MSc Environmental Assessment and Management, University of Salford, Manchester. (Sep. 2013 – Jan. 2015)
MSc thesis title: Heavy metal accumulation and depuration by the brown shrimp (Crangon crangon) in the Mersey Estuary, United Kingdom.
- Assistant Lecturer, Animal and Environmental Biology, Abia State University, Uturu. (2015 – Present -- on study leave)
- Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship. 2016.
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund [TETFund] (Nigeria) Doctoral Scholarship – Declined. 2016.
- NDDC Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship (Full MSc scholarship). 2013.
- Vice Chancellor’s Prize for the University Overall Best Graduating Student at the 22nd Convocation Ceremony, Abia State University, Nigeria. 2013.
- Best Graduating Student, Faculty of Sciences, Abia State University, Nigeria. 2010/2011.
- Best Graduating Student, Department of Animal and Environmental Biology, Abia State University, Nigeria. 2010/2011.
- Ochendo Scholarship Endowment for Best Student from Ikwuano Local Government Area, Abia State Nigeria (Full Scholarship for one year of undergraduate study). 2011.
- Heavy metal concentrations in edible macro-invertebrates and fish in Oguta Lake, Imo State, Nigeria. 2016. Co-researcher. Funding body: TETFund Nigeria.
- Studies on the mutagenicity, cytotoxicity and genotoxicity potentials of the Nekede, Owerri municipal landfill leachate and the impact on groundwater quality. 2016. Co-researcher. Funding body: TETFund Nigeria.
- The use of some locally-sourced plants in Okigwe, Imo State and environs in the management of diabetes mellitus. 2016. Co-researcher. Funding body: TETFund Nigeria.
Supervisor and research group